- Book v. Cigarettes – George Orwell
- Cultish – Amanda Montell
- Bright Lights, Big City – Jay McInerney
- No. 91/92: notes on a Parisian commute – Lauren Elkin
- All Men Want to Know – Nina Bouraoui
- Heather – G C McKay
- Illness as Metaphor and AIDS and Its Metaphors – Susan Sontag
- A Chapbook About Nothing – Scott Cumming
- Blue of Noon – Georges Bataille
- 84 Charing Cross Road – Helen Hanff
I resolved to record my reading this year if you didn’t know. I have never done this in my life, and it can feel very self-aggrandizing. However, I offset this by never giving negative reviews. My reasons for this are simple. I would never be so bold as to assume I could tell another writer how to do their job. And, I usually enjoy every book I read, which seems to shock people.
A list like this can seem very narcissistic. Reading has suddenly become a competition, hence why I debated posting about what I read at all. But, I believe that you are entitled to come to your own conclusions. I do my best to be genuine in my interactions and subsequent actions. That being said, let me know below the books you read this month. I’d love to hear about them!